[Haskell-cafe] Announce: HSFFIG 1.0 Stable Release

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:09:36 EDT 2005

Dear List Subscribers,

I am pleased to announce the first stable release of HSFFIG, yet
another tool for autogeneration of FFI bindings from C include files.

The project is now hosted at Sourceforge: http://hsffig.sourceforge.net

Downloads page: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/hsffig

Darcs repo: darcs get http://hsffig.sourceforge.net/repos/hsffig-1.0

Tutorial: http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/HsffigTutorial

The wiki page "HsffigExamples" has been separated from the Tutorial.
If anybody has an interesting example of using HSFFIG please update
the page with code samples.

Brief summary of changes:

- The distribution is now cabalized. Please read the INSTALL file.

- The multiparameter class and combinators to access members of
structures/unions are moved to separate library. It is necessary to
specify -package HSFFIG when compiling applications.

Thanks to everybody who participated in discussions related to HSFFIG
on this list, and privately. This helped me with implelentation of
some features and gave some ideas for future improvement.

Debian, RPM, and other packagers: if you create a HSFFIG package
please let me know the package URL so I can update the Freshmeat
project information page, and the project homepage.

For any problems related to this project feel free to contact me.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky