An efficient implementation of ordered maps from keys to values (dictionaries).
These modules are intended to be imported qualified, to avoid name clashes with Prelude functions, e.g.
import qualified Data.Map as Map
The implementation of
Map is based on size balanced binary trees (or
trees of bounded balance) as described by:
- Stephen Adams, "Efficient sets: a balancing act", Journal of Functional Programming 3(4):553-562, October 1993, http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~adams/BB/.
- J. Nievergelt and E.M. Reingold, "Binary search trees of bounded balance", SIAM journal of computing 2(1), March 1973.
Operation comments contain the operation time complexity in the Big-O notation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_O_notation).
- module Data.Map.Lazy
- insertWith' :: Ord k => (a -> a -> a) -> k -> a -> Map k a -> Map k a
- insertWithKey' :: Ord k => (k -> a -> a -> a) -> k -> a -> Map k a -> Map k a
- insertLookupWithKey' :: Ord k => (k -> a -> a -> a) -> k -> a -> Map k a -> (Maybe a, Map k a)
- fold :: (a -> b -> b) -> b -> Map k a -> b
- foldWithKey :: (k -> a -> b -> b) -> b -> Map k a -> b