This page is for the community of those editing this web-site.
Please have a look at the licensing information.
Subpage support is switched on for all namespaces apart from Image: and MediaWiki:.
3 Special pages
Here are some special pages that may come in handy:
- Main page
- All pages of this wiki
- Recent changes
- Recent changes on articles you are “watching”
- Random article
- All special pages
- CSS style sheet
- List of all users (including by group, e.g. sysops)
4 Syntax highlighting
Spammers are creating accounts and adding hidden links. Thanks to those who are reverting the spam.
I'm looking at Captcha extensions for MediaWiki. I want to put a Captcha just on new account creation: hopefully that will be enough. —Ashley Y 23:15, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
- Is there a way to revert the spammers changes easily, other than modifying the page in the reverse way? A kind of revert command that really does just roll back the history. --Neil Mitchell 10:05, 11 March 2006 (UTC)
- The easiest way is to edit the previous version and save it, I think. —Ashley Y 07:50, 12 March 2006 (UTC)
- If you click on the 'diff' link in RecentChanges, there is a [revert] button (maybe only for administrators). -- kowey 13:23, 20 April 2007 (UTC)
5.1 Now logging IP addresses
I am now logging IP addresses of changes. I can now use this to block the IP addresses of spammers. —Ashley Y 07:50, 12 March 2006 (UTC)
6 Style Help
I think the style (which I copied from the original haskell.org pages) could use improvement. Is there anyone interested in doing this? The main file is MediaWiki:Quiet.css (see HaskellWiki:Site software for others). More than one person would be ideal. If there's interest, I'll unprotect the page, and people can edit it and discuss changes on the associated talk page as usual. —Ashley Y 02:11, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
6.1 Numbered headings
I have turned on numbered headings for non-logged-in viewers, since Simon PJ requested it. Logged-in users will have to turn it on in Preferences -> Misc. I'm not sure if it's an improvement, however. —Ashley Y 02:41, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
7 Printable version and skins
Some of the skins support a "printable version" link on pages. Most do not (including the default one). Is it possible to turn "printable version" links on all skins without a huge amount of work and effort?