Ghent Functional Programming Group/BelHac
The Haskell Hackathon is an international, grassroots collaborative coding festival with a simple focus: build and improve Haskell libraries, tools, and infrastructure.
BelHac will be held in November in "The Therminal" in Ghent, Belgium. It is open to all -- you do not have to be a Haskell guru to attend. All you need is a basic knowledge of Haskell, a willingness to learn, and a project you're excited to help with (or a project of your own to work on).
There will be lots of hacking, good beer, and, of course, fun!
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC channel: #ghentfpg on FreeNode
You can register here.
- July 20: Registration is now open!
- Friday, 5th of November: 2pm - 7pm
- Saturday, 6th of November: 10am - 6pm
- Sunday, 7th of November: 10am - 6pm
- Friday: short introduction, followed by hacking and sponsored food. There will also be a "Real World Haskell Crash Course" for unexperienced but interested people.
- Saturday: Hacking!
- Sunday: More hacking, and in the afternoon we will have a couple of (lightning) talks.
4 Getting there
4.1 Getting to Ghent
The nearest airport is the Brussels Airport in Zaventem (code: BRU). The train station connected to this airport has an excellent connection with Ghent (Gent in Dutch).
4.2 Getting to The Therminal
The address of The Therminal is
Hoveniersberg 24 9000 Gent Belgium
Here is a map
Here is a map of handy locations.
Since Ghent is quite a tourist city, you should have no problems finding a place to stay.
We're still looking for sponsors to help us provide food, drinks and t-shirts. If you or your company is interested in sponsoring please contact one of the organizers.
8 Organizers & Contact
This GhentFPG organizing committee is behind this Hackaton. You can contact us at
- Jasper Van der Jeugt (irc: jaspervdj, email: email@example.com, phone: +32-476-26-28-27)