1 HaBench: The Haskell Benchmark Suite
- Kenneth Hoste - boegel on #haskell@FreeNode (ideas/advice/Wiki page maintainer)
- Donald Bruce Stewart - dons on #haskell@FreeNode (darcs repo maintainer (probably))
- Andy Georges - Itkovian on #haskell@FreeNode (measurements/analysis/advice)
- John Meacam - JohnMeacam on #haskell@FreeNode (advice/JHC support)
- Arthur van Leeuwen - earthy on #haskell@FreeNode (Computer Language Shootout man-on-the-insde)
- Neil Mitchell - ndm on #haskell@FreeNode (suggestions/Yhc support/user)
- <add your name here if you want to contribute!>
* start from the (out-of-date?) nofib benchmark suite (GHC-only, includes ghcisms) (website) * include Computer Language Shootout submissions (website) * microbenchmarks for comparison with C (for example bytecopying) (dons) * both a Haskell98 and Haskell'-only (sub)suite (JohnMeacam) * multiple Haskell compilers (GHC, JHC, ...) * maintain benchmark according to Hackage (Hackage list) * Libraries and tools in Haskell
Random notes are below.
* (JohnMeacham) Insert non-formatted text here pretty much every compiler has a mode similar to 'ghc --make', so just let the user specify an arbitrary command line for the compiler to use, like 'jhc -v -flint $< -o $@' or 'ghc --make $< -o $@'
1.4 More info?
* #haskell IRC channel at Freenode * initial thread @ Haskell mailing list * follow-up thread @ Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Comments? Feel free to add them! Suggestions? Mail Kenneth at kenneth [dot] hoste [at] elis [dot] ugent [dot] be .