List of Projects that use Haskell
Revision as of 12:11, 22 October 2012 by Feuerbach
People often ask, «Okay, Haskell looks like a fun language; but what's written in it?»
The purpose of this page is to create a list of Haskell-based projects.
To qualify, the project should meet these requirements:
- Programs, not libraries
- The project should be of value to the end user. Programs that are configured by writing a small piece of Haskell code (xmonad, yi) or that expose a Haskell-based DSL are okay.
- A significant part is written in Haskell
- As a rough guideline, no less that 30% of the source code should be Haskell.
- Open source
- Not necessarily «free as speech», but people should be able to try it out and look at the source code.
- Valuable outside of the Haskell community
- Haskell infrastructure is almost entirely written in Haskell, but that isn't very useful in selling Haskell to outsiders. Tools that work with other languages are okay (e.g. a Perl6 compiler written in Haskell) are okay.