m (Add city annotation)
(add proposal for haskell-supercollider demonstration)
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
=== Demo proposals ===
=== Demo proposals ===
* rohan drape: ''supercollider for haskellers''
:: an introduction to, and demonstration of, the [http://slavepianos.org/rd/f/207949/ hsc3] haskell bindings to the [http://supercollider.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/supercollider/trunk/build/Help/Help.html supercollider3] real-time audio synthesiser; or making experimental music in experimental haskell.
Revision as of 00:55, 10 November 2007
There is AngloHaskell and now AmeroHaskell. Doesn't that call for OzHaskell?
Who would be interested to have a Haskell event in Australia, possibly in Sydney? This is just a wild idea without any concrete date or format yet. Jot down any suggestions on this page.
- Manuel Chakravarty (Sydney)
- Tony Morris (Brisbane)
- Matthew Brecknell (Brisbane, will travel, prefer late Jan)
- Mark Wassell - Prefer Jan/Feb option.
- Roman Leshchinskiy
- Brad Clow (Brisbane)
- Jeremy Apthorp
- Andrew Appleyard (Sydney)
- Bernie Pope (Melbourne)
- Ben Lippmeier
- Rohan Drape (Melbourne)
- Ivan Miljenovic (Brisbane)
- Eric Willigers
- Tony Sloane (Sydney)
- Ben Sinclair (Sydney)
- Andre Pang
- Andrew Bromage (Melbourne)
- Dale Roberts (Sydney)
- Geoff Wilson (Melbourne)
- Oliver Batchelor (Brisbane)
- Nick Seow (Sydney)
- Sean Seefried (Sydney)
- Alexis Hazell (Melbourne)
- Philip Derrin (Sydney)
- Jeeva (Sydney)
- Michael Neale (Brisbane)
- Ruslan Abdulkhalikov (Sydney)
(Add your name!)
1 Possible dates
Shall we try to organise something for sometime over the summer? Avoiding the summer holidays, either of the following two periods seem attractive:
- last week of November/first week of December or
- last week of January/first week of February.
(Add any additional periods that you would find attractive and/or comment on suitability.)
Events to avoid clashing with:
- The 2007 federal election (weekend of 24-25 November).
- linux.conf.au (28 Jan - 2 Feb 2007, unless it's held in conjunction).
- Inevitable family Christmas parties/holiday travel rush (some weekends in December, different for everyone I suspect).
- www.oscd.com.au - late november in Brisbane
How about the following?
- One day meeting with informal talks and demos (preferably on a Friday)
- There could be a second, even less formal day, for those who want to hang out some more and maybe some hacking
- Run it at the University of New South Wales, Sydney
(Add your thoughts to the above.)
3 Talks and demos
Do you have anything you'd like to talk about or a system you'd like to demo? This is just a tentative list - you commit to nothing.
3.1 Talk proposals
- Manuel Chakravarty: Type-level Programming with Type Families
- GHC recently gained support for data families and type synonym families (which are a generalisation of our earlier proposal for associated types). In this talk, I'd give an overview over this new language feature, illustrate what it is good for, and discuss why I believe it fits Haskell better than functional dependencies.
- Bernie Pope: The GHCi debugger
- A new breakpoint debugger has been added to GHCi. In this talk, I'd demonstrate how to use the debugger, and also go into some detail about how it works. I might even discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of this debugger over tools such as Hat.
3.2 Demo proposals
- rohan drape: supercollider for haskellers