Talk:Applications and libraries/GUI libraries
(info from Grapefruit’s author about its development activity)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== XHB ==
== XHB ==
I'm not the maintainer of vty or anything, but I added it to the list since it seems to fit with hscurses and nanocurses.
Is XHB really what the X11 section is about. Isn’t the X11 section about some classical X11 binding, not the XHB thing? Because I think, it is, I’ve removed the link to XHB.
If you think, I’m wrong then re-add it please. Otherwise maybe create a new section for XHB or do whatever fits.
-- Wolfgang Jeltsch 14:04, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
I don't believe it leaves a particularly good impression if new haskell users come here and the first ten libraries they click on are dead or dying and the really big and well-maintained libraries hide between the last remnants of a research paper. I have tried to look through the documentation (if still available) and tried to reclassify them. It would be nice to get comments and corrections. I won't replace the original page myself, since I am no real expert and would like to at least get a second opinion. Feel free to correct factual, spelling and grammar mistakes ... and any others you might find ;).
- Gtk2Hs and wxHaskell - If you want a working program that will still work in 5 years, use these.
- HTk - still recent and reasonably mature, but officially "orphanware", i.e. no longer actively developed.
- Grapefruit - is actively developed and already quite well documented, still in the very early stages though
- proof of concepts, might develop into something big, might not:
- GuiTV - closely tied to Phooey
- WxGeneric - successor of Autoforms
- HQK - qt binding
- qtHaskell - qt binding
- officially abandoned:
- Gtk+Hs - use Gtk2Hs instead
- iHaskell - based on Gtk+Hs
- Autoforms - use WxGeneric instead
- not updated for at least 3 years:
- ObjectIO - windows only
- HToolKit - can't find a lot of infos, something about HSQL
- long gone (> 6 years):
- Pidgets - cannot find anything but a reference to a 13 year old paper.
- Haggis really old
- Gadgets - no info available
- Embracing Windows - the oldest one I could find
- Budgets () - all links are down
- TclHaskell - really old
- Fruit - seemingly abandoned research project
- FranTK - really old
- wxFruit - no official site, there used to exist a few forks, couldn't find anything except a new hackage upload of a very old version
- HGL (6 years) - graphics library, no GUI!
- GLFW - not a GUI, this is a replacement for GLUT
- Not enough info available:
-- Prokyon 16:25, 14 January 2009 (UTC)