Talk:Applications and libraries/GUI libraries
Is XHB really what the X11 section is about. Isn’t the X11 section about some classical X11 binding, not the XHB thing? Because I think, it is, I’ve removed the link to XHB.
If you think, I’m wrong then re-add it please. Otherwise maybe create a new section for XHB or do whatever fits.
-- Wolfgang Jeltsch 14:04, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
I don't believe it leaves a particularly good impression if new haskell users come here and the first ten libraries they click on are dead or dying and the really big and well-maintained libraries hide between the last remnants of a research paper. I have tried to look through the documentation (if still available) and tried to reclassify them. It would be nice to get comments and corrections. I won't replace the original page myself, since I am no real expert and would like to at least get a second opinion. Feel free to correct factual, spelling and grammar mistakes ... and any others you might find ;).
- Gtk2Hs and wxHaskell - If you want a working program that will still work in 5 years, use these.
- HTk - still recent and reasonably mature, but officially "orphanware", i.e. no longer actively developed.
- Grapefruit - seems to be actively developed and already quite well documented, still in the very early stages though
- proof of concepts, might develop into something big, might not:
- GuiTV - closely tied to Phooey
- WxGeneric - successor of Autoforms
- HQK - qt binding
- qtHaskell - qt binding
- officially abandoned:
- Gtk+Hs - use Gtk2Hs instead
- iHaskell - based on Gtk+Hs
- Autoforms - use WxGeneric instead
- not updated for at least 3 years:
- ObjectIO - windows only
- HToolKit - can't find a lot of infos, something about HSQL
- long gone (> 6 years):
- Pidgets - cannot find anything but a reference to a 13 year old paper.
- Haggis really old
- Gadgets - no info available
- Embracing Windows - the oldest one I could find
- Budgets () - all links are down
- TclHaskell - really old
- Fruit - seemingly abandoned research project
- FranTK - really old
- wxFruit - no official site, there used to exist a few forks, couldn't find anything except a new hackage upload of a very old version
- HGL (6 years) - graphics library, no GUI!
- GLFW - not a GUI, this is a replacement for GLUT
- Not enough info available:
-- Prokyon 16:25, 14 January 2009 (UTC)