[nun movie|http://saererg.0lx.net/20081108-nun-movie.htm] [nun movie] movie ((http://saererg.0lx.net/20081108-nun-movie.htm nun movie)) [| nun movie] "nun movie":http://saererg.0lx.net/20081108-nun-movie.htm [soccer video clips online|http://releltl.0lx.net/20081117-soccer-video-clips.html] [soccer video clips online] video clips online ((http://releltl.0lx.net/20081117-soccer-video-clips.html soccer video clips online)) [| soccer video clips online] "soccer video clips online":http://releltl.0lx.net/20081117-soccer-video-clips.html [movie cars rentals vancouver|http://licawol.strefa.pl/resource792.htm] [movie cars rentals vancouver] cars rentals vancouver ((http://licawol.strefa.pl/resource792.htm movie cars rentals vancouver)) [| movie cars rentals vancouver] "movie cars rentals vancouver":http://licawol.strefa.pl/resource792.htm [link|http://tacataca.strefa.pl/sitemap.htm] [link]  ((http://tacataca.strefa.pl/sitemap.htm link)) [| link] "link":http://tacataca.strefa.pl/sitemap.htm [landing lisbon movie theater|http://zelfibu.strefa.pl/alsapld-1514.html] [landing lisbon movie theater] lisbon movie theater ((http://zelfibu.strefa.pl/alsapld-1514.html landing lisbon movie theater)) [| landing lisbon movie theater] "landing lisbon movie theater":http://zelfibu.strefa.pl/alsapld-1514.html [sadat assassination video|http://caraines.qsh.eu/delbasd.htm] [sadat assassination video] assassination video ((http://caraines.qsh.eu/delbasd.htm sadat assassination video)) [| sadat assassination video] "sadat assassination video":http://caraines.qsh.eu/delbasd.htm [ohio state football video highlights|http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090103-ohio-state-football.html] [ohio state football video highlights] state football video highlights ((http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090103-ohio-state-football.html ohio state football video highlights)) [| ohio state football video highlights] "ohio state football video highlights":http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090103-ohio-state-football.html [painter ix mac serial|http://faquafav.is-the-boss.com/text-35.htm] [painter ix mac serial] ix mac serial ((http://faquafav.is-the-boss.com/text-35.htm painter ix mac serial)) [| painter ix mac serial] "painter ix mac serial":http://faquafav.is-the-boss.com/text-35.htm [a town like alice movie|http://lofaako.strefa.pl/article1077.html] [a town like alice movie] town like alice movie ((http://lofaako.strefa.pl/article1077.html a town like alice movie)) [| a town like alice movie] "a town like alice movie":http://lofaako.strefa.pl/article1077.html [poohs heffalump movie torrent|http://tulilre.strefa.pl/2008-12-25-poohs-heffalump.html] [poohs heffalump movie torrent] heffalump movie torrent ((http://tulilre.strefa.pl/2008-12-25-poohs-heffalump.html poohs heffalump movie torrent)) [| poohs heffalump movie torrent] "poohs heffalump movie torrent":http://tulilre.strefa.pl/2008-12-25-poohs-heffalump.html [margo movie|http://sematild.qsh.eu/resource873.htm] [margo movie] movie ((http://sematild.qsh.eu/resource873.htm margo movie)) [| margo movie] "margo movie":http://sematild.qsh.eu/resource873.htm [alicia villareal music video|http://naceceli.qsh.eu/page274.html] [alicia villareal music video] villareal music video ((http://naceceli.qsh.eu/page274.html alicia villareal music video)) [| alicia villareal music video] "alicia villareal music video":http://naceceli.qsh.eu/page274.html [movie playing|http://huruple.qsh.eu/20090101-movie-playing.htm] [movie playing] playing ((http://huruple.qsh.eu/20090101-movie-playing.htm movie playing)) [| movie playing] "movie playing":http://huruple.qsh.eu/20090101-movie-playing.htm [inspirational stories of hope|http://sedplxca.is-the-boss.com/inspirational-2008-12-23.htm] [inspirational stories of hope] stories of hope ((http://sedplxca.is-the-boss.com/inspirational-2008-12-23.htm inspirational stories of hope)) [| inspirational stories of hope] "inspirational stories of hope":http://sedplxca.is-the-boss.com/inspirational-2008-12-23.htm [top|http://faquafav.is-the-boss.com/sitemap.htm] [top]  ((http://faquafav.is-the-boss.com/sitemap.htm top)) [| top] "top":http://faquafav.is-the-boss.com/sitemap.htm ricric darricctr
1 New book on the market,especially for Romania and Moldova
A new book (by Dan Popa from Bacau State Univ.) called "Practice of monads interpreters" - title translated by the editor - (orig. Practica Interpretarii monadice) is on the market. It is offered by the MatrixRom Pub. House http://www.matrixrom.ro . Suport: Paper Price: 20 lei (less then 7 euros, grab it !!). Language: romanian (yet.)
The Ro/Page of the book is here: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Practica_interpretarii_monadice
Other books by MatrixRom are here: http://www.matrixrom.ro/english/publishing/domains/computer_science.php?id=901#901
May I add it on the Headline section or somewhere else on the front page, this week ? Or should I make an English page for this (long) text ?
2 Question Concerning Who's using Haskell?
Haskell is used at Bacau State University (www.ub.ro) by Lect. Drd. Dan Popa as a tool for DSL (ak. domain small languges) building. Also, DSLs like Rodin are used as tools for teaching "Fundamentals of Programming Languages".
Should I add this note on the main page ? Can anybody check it (ex. spelling) and post it. Thx
If no remarks will be made during this week I will consider such news as acceptable and accepted the first page of www.haskell.org . With no votes against them.
3 Search Box doesn't find short words
Just leaving a note here to say that the Search box and button at the top of the page now works properly except for words of three characters or less. These are not indexed and will give no results. (See Haskell-Cafe post by Mads LindstrÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¸m for possible administrator technical solution and related threads.) --Rk
4 EduSoft.ro URL
THE EduSoft URL is: www.edusoft.ro NOT edusoft.com. You can see it in the Ro/Haskell page ! See the details. Thank you for other (wellcome) corrections.
- Calm down, I've fixed it. Naturally I googled it and assumed the parent company was the one to link to. --Gwern 23:04, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
5 Logo and design
IMO the logo and design looks very amateurish. Are there no Haskell programmers with some experience in graphic design? Or maybe someone who knows someone? --SebastianSylvan 13:06, 11 January 2006 (EST)
- The logo seems to be well established as the "Haskell" logo. —Ashley Y 14:42, 11 January 2006 (EST)
- That doesn't change anything. In fact, it makes it worse! Appearances matter, if someone who doesn't know Haskell comes here, sees an amateurish web and logo design, they may not consider Haskell a "real" language, but rather an amateurish effort not suited for real work. In fact I'd prefer an approach similar to e.g. the ruby web site (no logo at all, rather than an amateurish logo). --SebastianSylvan 03:49, 12 January 2006 (EST)
- I should clarify that the "Haskell" headline logo is what irks me the most. The lambda-logo thing isn't as bad, although it suffers from many of the same problems ("every-effect-in-photoshop-syndrome"). I'd like it more if it was just a two color logo (and not necessarily green and purple) without all those highlights and bevels.--SebastianSylvan 04:11, 12 January 2006 (EST)
- You could raise the issue on the mailing list. The round logo at least is used on other haskell sites. —Ashley Y 21:24, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
Is there some way to suppress the wiki page title? - at the moment the page says 'Haskell' in small letters right above a huge logo also saying 'Haskell'. It looks pretty stupid. -- MikeDodds 15:01, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
The round logo at the left (which I agree is pretty garish) still takes a line by itself, leaving lots of dead white space for only a centered page title to follow it. I suggest leaving the logo at the top left, then moving the page title to the top-right. This will fix the aforementioned silliness with the home page title as well as clear up a little vertical real estate. -- Chuck Adams 17:24, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
- There is a way, but we'd need somebody with admin rights on the wiki to edit the relevant skin file: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki/1521
- -- kowey 13:45, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
I'm going to change this page to better reflect the existing content of the wiki, rather than the content of haskell.org. —Ashley Y 05:43, 14 January 2006 (UTC)
We should probably clean up some of the clutter. I'd like to transfer everything more or less as is and the let the site go to the wiki before coming back to clean up. I'm planning to leave the old web pages for things like the history of Haskell alone at the moment. --John Peterson 17:36, 24 January 2006 (UTC)
Maybe the "learning" section should be improved? As it is none of the links under it are extremely useful. Maybe they could be concatenated and split up into "tutorials" for mere mortals, and papers which probably aren't as useful to the newbie? Also, an idea is to redesign to have the news section up in front and visible. The more important items in HWN etc. could be put here (significant new libraries etc). After all, most people are very web-centric these days so using the Haskell.org site as a general announcement page is probably a good idea if it doesn't get too cluttered.
In fact, I already have a 'significant news' page generated from the HWN archives, here. If this headlines of this kind of content is what we'd like to appear in a news bar on the page somewhere, just make a place, and I'll update it as the HWN is published each week. -- Don Stewart
- Please do! I think significant news (about new libraries, for instance) should be on the front page. If for no other reason than letting casual browsers know that the community is active. Just add titles (with dates) on each news entry on the existing news page. --SebastianSylvan 15:33, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
7 Plan : whitespace issues
I've made the "Haskell : A purely functional language" smaller now, so its more inline with with python.org, and perl.org logos. My model is python.org, I think our img header should be only a bit bigger than that.
The problem still remains that there is too much empty whitespace at the top of the page, before the real content. Ideally I'd like:
- 1. a smaller circular logo, about 80% of the current size
- 2. align the circle and text logos.
- 3. remove the "Haskell" wiki title from the page
So we just need to work out how to do steps 2 and 3.
Opinions? -- User:DonStewart Wed Apr 12 16:23:47 EST 2006
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove the title on a particular page. I asked about it on the Mediawiki irc channel, and I found this thread on the Mediawiki-l mailing list. -- JohnHamilton 19:07, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
8 Search with Hoogle box?
Lots of websites have a search with google box, maybe a search with hoogle box on the front page (small and discrete) would be appropriate? --Neil Mitchell 13:42, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
- That might be a good idea - the only thing that you'd have to be careful about is that it needs to be clear that Hoogle isn't a web search engine. You could easily confuse people, especially given the name - MikeDodds 17:43, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
9 Well-formedness / validity
Not sure where to put this...
Currently every Haskell-wiki page is invalid XHTML 1.0 Transitional and in fact not even well-formed XML (as I mention on my Wikipedia user page, which I'll update if this is fixed!). Most browsers don't mind because it's served as text/html, which it needs to stay for Internet Explorer... Anyway. Whoever controls the header at the top of the haskell-wiki pages:
- Assuming the (X)HTML in the header can be modified...
- The <form> in the header (the search box) is a block-level element. However it occurs inside a <p> element that contains
- Haskell | Wiki community | Recent changes
- Random page | Upload file | Special pages
- (search box)
- This is not even very much like a paragraph. Turning that <p>...</p> into a <div>...</div> would fix this.
- The Haskell logo in the top left corner is implemented with <img ...>. Firstly, this is not well-formed! It should end like <img ... />. Secondly, it needs an alt="something" attribute. Since this logo also functions as a link, the alt text should be non-empty. I suggest alt="ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ»" (replacing the logo with a lambda character, which is utf-8 as per the character encoding, or perhaps the equivalent alt="λ")
Testing these changes in my own copy, in Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2 and Konqueror 3.5.5, I observed no ill effects (and a nice lambda effect when the image was unavailable in firefox, konqueror and some text-only browser). And the W3C HTML validator was happy and the CSS validator (which relies on the XML correctness) worked.
Hoping this is an easy fix ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂIsaac Dupree 19:12, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- Now HaskellWiki is well-formed and valid ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂIsaac Dupree 14:02, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- I can't guarantee that, it's quite possible that some page's wiki content will translate to bad XHTML. —Ashley Y 01:06, 7 August 2007 (UTC)