|Part of Yhc|
Features of Gyhe:
- Single and multi-line input
- Cross-platform gui (works on Linux, Windows and MacOS)
- Syntax-highlighting of input with gtksourceview widget
1 Trying Gyhe
Gyhe is still very much alpha software - if you need a stable haskell command-line gui, I'd suggest you use WinHugs. That said, if you want to try Gyhe:
- Download the yhc-devel branch from darcs
- Ensure that you have the development version of Gtk2hs installed.
- Change directory to yhc-devel/src/interactive/
- Run 'make gui'
...and the gyhe executable should be created in yhc-devel/inst/bin/. Any comments or patches you have would be welcome.
3 Todo List
Sensible short-term aims:
- Add lazy evaluation - currently we only get a result after the program terminates
- Add file URI support to link to a file and load a text editor. Currently waiting for parsable error messages from the Yhc developers.
- Fix the makefile to detect the sourceview widget - at the moment it is always off at compile-time
Less sensible longer-term aims: