March 19-21, 2010
The Haskell Hackathon is an international, grassroots collaborative coding festival with a simple focus: build and improve Haskell libraries, tools, and infrastructure.
There will be lots of hacking, good food, and, of course, fun!
- Mailing list: email@example.com
- IRC channel: #zurihac on FreeNode
- Created an IRC channgel (#zurihac at FreeNode)
- Dec 8: Added a map of venue, restaurants, and hostels/hotels.
- Nov 6: registration is now open!
March 19-21, 2010, from 2:30-6:30pm Friday, 10am-6pm Saturday, and 10am-6pm Sunday.
We will be in the TechTalk area of the Google office.
6 What to bring
- A laptop
- Wireless card if necessary. There will be wireless network access. Ethernet access will probably not be available. If you really need ethernet access, please contact the organizers.
- Mobile phone
The room has whiteboards and a projector for any discussions or should anyone wish to give a talk.
7 Getting to Zurich
For trains within Switzerland and to neighboring countries go to SBB.
8 Staying in Zurich
Your most important resource is the map of venue, restaurants, and hostels/hotels.
- City Backpacker Hostel: Close to the main station in the Niederdorf. Very central, but the sleeping rooms and the lounge are quite cramped.
- Youth Hostel Zurich: Closer to the Google office, but further away from the city center in Wollishofen. More roomy and comfortable than City Backpacker.
- Four Points By Sheraton Walking distance to the Google office and eleven minutes by tram from the city center.
8.2 Getting to the Google Office
Online timetables for travel within Zurich can be found at ZVV.
The train and tram stop closest to the Google office is Bahnhof Enge. You can take tram 5, 6, 7, 13, or S-Bahn S2 to get there. It takes about seven minutes by tram from the main train station (Zurich HB) to Bahnhof Enge and another five minutes to walk to the office.
8.2.1 From the Airport
For any questions or emergencies, you can always call Johan Tibell at +41-787-978230, or Christophe Poucet at +41-79-669-1013.
- Johan Tibell (irc: tibbe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christophe Poucet (irc: poucet, e-mail: email@example.com)