Double-precision floating point numbers. It is desirable that this type be at least equal in range and precision to the IEEE double-precision type.
Read a rational number.
The syntax accepted by this function is the same as for rational.
Note: This function is almost ten times faster than rational, but is slightly less accurate.
The Double type supports about 16 decimal places of accuracy. For 94.2% of numbers, this function and rational give identical results, but for the remaining 5.8%, this function loses precision around the 15th decimal place. For 0.001% of numbers, this function will lose precision at the 13th or 14th decimal place.
A library that performs fast, accurate conversion between double precision floating point and text.
This library is implemented as bindings to the C++ double-conversion library written by Florian Loitsch at Google: http://code.google.com/p/double-conversion/.
The Text versions of these functions are about 30 times faster than the default show implementation for the Double type.
The ByteString versions are slower than the Text versions; roughly half the speed. (This seems to be due to the cost of allocating ByteString values via malloc.)
As a final note, be aware that the bytestring-show package is about 50% slower than simply using show.
True if front and back buffers exist.
Select a double buffered window. This overrides SingleBuffered if it is also specified.
Contains True when the current layer of the current window is double buffered, False otherwise.
Wrap document in "..."
Haskell type representing the C double type.
This package provides bindings and tests for using machine Double values as endpoints for the interval arithmetic defined in packages AERN-Basics and AERN-Real.
Most users of this package will only need to import one end-user API module. There is a choice of three such modules, each providing a different level of abstraction for the type of intervals with Double endpoints:
* Numeric.AERN.DoubleBasis.RealApprox gives RealApprox - an abstract data type limited to operations that interpret each interval strictly as an approximation to a single real number. As an instance of Fractional, the numerical operations safely overapproximate the exact real operations by rounding the intervals outwards.
* Numeric.AERN.DoubleBasis.RealIntervalApprox gives RealIntervalApprox - an abstract data type limited to operations that interpret each interval strictly as an approximation to a set of real numbers. All RealApprox operations are available also for RealIntervalApprox. Additionally, one can create approximations that certainly cover two given approximations and one can perform all operations rounding inwards to allow safe semi-deciding of set inclusions. As a consequence of inner rounding, anti-consistent intervals such as [1,0] may arise and are treated using Kaucher arithmetic.
* Numeric.AERN.DoubleBasis.Interval gives full access to the interval type, including the Double endpoints.
The accompanying modules Numeric.AERN.DoubleBasis.MRealApprox, Numeric.AERN.DoubleBasis.MRealIntervalApprox and Numeric.AERN.DoubleBasis.MInterval add in-place versions of most of the pure operations provided by the respective above module.
For further information, please refer to the documentation of these six modules and the sample programs in the demo folder.
This package does not compile with ghc 7.0.* due to a compiler bug that has been fixed for the 7.2.1 release. Haddock documentation can be found via http://code.google.com/p/aern/wiki/Main.
Start background daemons by double-forking.
See System.Posix.Daemon for documentation.
Boolean indicating if the color buffer is double buffered. Default is "IsEqualTo 1".
GHC unboxed double literal
Show more results