[arch-haskell] darcs patch: Typo correction in String Constant (and 2 more)

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Aug 25 14:44:21 EDT 2008

matt:
> Hello,
>
> I hacked on cabal2arch a bit tonight. I removed the hand-coded list of
> core packages in favour of generating the list dynamically.
>
> I use the GHC API to parse the global package database. This entails
> dependencies on ghc and ghc-paths (oh well.)
>
> I've assumed that any package with all its library-dirs inside
> /usr/lib/ghc-6.8.3 (actually, the libdir from GHC.Paths) is a core
> package. This seems to exclude all the external packages, which get
> installed to /usr/lib/$PkgName-$PkgVer/. Anybody know if this is a bad
> assumption?
>
> I also sent these patches to dons.

    Resolving dependencies...
    cabal: dependencies conflict: ghc-6.8.2 requires Cabal ==1.2.3.0 however
    Cabal-1.2.3.0 was excluded because cabal2arch-0.3.8.3 requires Cabal
    >=1.3.11
    && <1.

Hmm. I can't remember what we need new Cabal for...
Ah, yes,

    ./Main.hs:32:7:
        Could not find module `Distribution.Simple.PackageIndex':
              it is a member of package Cabal-1.4.0.1,

How did you manage to build this?