[arch-haskell] Happenings of late

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:38:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

Not much to report for me. There was a huge ncurses update that
required an upgrade of ghc to 6.8.2-2. Nothing changed
there, just a rebuild. We thought of going to 6.8.3, but decided not
to due to some issues that have been reported
against it. 6.10 should be just around the corner, though.

I noticed that our ghc isn't built with the typical "distribution"
optimization set, so I added that. That change didn't
get to 6.8.2-2, though.

And just recently, I updated xmonad, xmonad-contrib to 0.8 and
uploaded to i686. I'll upload x86_64 on monday.

--vk