[arch-haskell] Re: Can I help to maintain Haskell packages on AUR?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Aug 9 19:19:27 EDT 2010

simons:
> Hi Don,
>
>  >> I would be happy to contribute some time and effort to the project.
>  >> Can I help in some way?
>  >
>  > Yes, I think you can. I need to package up my scripts so that it is
>  > easy for anyone to update our packages. Stay tuned for more details.
>
> are there any news?
>
> Several packages on AUR that I'd like to use are out-of-date or outright
> broken because of out-of-date dependencies. I'd really like to help
> improve that situation. I have cabal2arch and I know how to use it. As
> far as I'm concerned, the only thing that's preventing me from updating
> packages on AUR is the fact that I don't have the necessary system
> privileges to do it.

There are some other scripts that need to be in place. My timeline for
this is:

    * Release updated versions of cabal2arch and archlinux packages [done]
    * GHC 6.12.3 into extra
    * Release all additional scripts (i.e. for generating
          http://www.galois.com/~dons/arch-haskell-status.html , and process for updating.
    * Create group account.
    * Hand over maintainership for packages.

-- Don