[arch-haskell] Re: [extra] haskell-parallel

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Thu Nov 11 16:03:49 EST 2010

Xyne wrote:

> I'm thinking out loud though and haven't tested this. I believe that Pacman
> already does most of this minus accepting versioned packages using -S, but I
> think that is something they would consider adding upstream as you can specify
> repos.

Pacman actually already does this, e.g. "pacman -S haskell-foo<=1.5" works. I
had only tested it with "-Si" for some reason.

Yet another approach is to simply provide a tool that can check the local
database for inconsistencies by comparing the install dates against the
dependency graph.

It could be integrated into bauerbill but I would prefer to wait until I can
release its replacement as I hope to include hooks in it that the user can use
to run custom code for such things.