[arch-haskell] Re: Where are we headed?
simons at cryp.to
Thu Nov 18 10:19:31 EST 2010
>> Hi Xyne, still working on it. Funny thing is I actually brought the whole
>> thing back onto a Linode 1536 because EC2 in the end just didn't have the
>> cost / performance / persistence ratio I wanted. I'm still working on the
>> new authentication stack, which is a Kerberos / GSSAPI / LDAP / SASL stack.
>> If you have any experience with Kerberos let me know because this thing is
>> giving me some serious problems. If you want I can set you up today or
> So, does anyone here have experience with Kerberos?
I don't, I'm afraid. I know Kerberos exists, but that's about it.
I feel a little fuzzy trying to interpret what Kaiting is saying, though.
Apparently, there are some problems that he can't solve. Yet, he also
offers to complete the setup within a day or two. I'm not sure how that
Also, I'm confused because he seems to be asking for confirmation whether
we really want that account or not. I thought that's clear? If Kaiting has
the means to provide us with server space for a binary ArchHaskell
repository, then yes, by all means, please do it. If we had that access to
that server, we could start providing packages for i686 pretty much *right
now*. On my end, everything is set up, ready, and waiting to go.
More information about the arch-haskell