[arch-haskell] Layout of ABS tree for Haskell packages?

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Tue Oct 12 06:41:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:42:50 +0100
>>>>>> "Magnus" == Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:

Magnus> I've just downloaded all 1937 packages maintained by
Magnus> arch-haskell on AUR, and I'm about to put them all in a git
Magnus> repository.  Before doing that I thought I'd ask if anyone has
Magnus> suggestions on the directory hierarchy in that repo?

What do you think about mimic the Hackage hierarchy?

Magnus> The only criterion I can think of is that we'd probably would
Magnus> want binary and source packages separated in some way.

I agree with that. Binaries could go all in one bin directory (there
is no binary category in Hackage ;) )

Magnus> Any thought or comments on this.  I'm particularly interested in
Magnus> comments from people who have experience with working with the
Magnus> ABS-related tools.

I don't have that, but when I was using Gentoo, its overlays were
structured in a similar way.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA