[arch-haskell] Re: arch-haskell @ aur.archlinux.org

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Oct 12 07:27:11 EDT 2010

Hi Magnus,

 > Yes, I have received the passwords, and yes I intend to share them
 > with others.

very good. I, for one, would be interested in having access to AUR.
There are a few PKGBUILDs I'd like to update -- most importantly
haskell-convertible-text.

 > • archhaskell as organisation on github

I tried to join that organization on Github, but I couldn't figure out
how to do it in the web front-end. Am I missing something? Or do you
have to add users to the organization? If that's the case, my user name
on Github is 'peti'.

 > Currently my thinking is that I'll share passwords with people who
 > get added to the github organisation... but that just shifts the
 > problem one step, as I still haven't decided what criteria to use for
 > adding people there. :-) All suggestions are welcome!

In the current stage of the project, I believe that everyone who is
interested in maintaining Haskell packages on AUR should have the
ability to do that. We can be more selective once we're overrun with
volunteers.

 > Please go ahead and add a comment to some AUR package, then we ought
 > to see if emails arrive as they should. Otherwise I guess we'll have
 > to work out how to relax the rules on the list server.

I left a comment on haskell-convertible-text moments ago. It appears
that it didn't get through. Who has access to the mailing list server
configuration? Did Don share those passwords as well? I would assume
that the message is being held up in some kind of moderation queue.

Take care,
Peter