[arch-haskell] How to update packages in extra?

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon Oct 18 13:37:45 EDT 2010

Peter Simons wrote:

> Xyne, you are a trusted user in ArchLinux, right? Is there any way that
> I could maybe submit updated PKGBUILD files and have someone, anyone,
> put them into the abs repository?
>
> Take care,
> Peter

TUs only have access to the [community] repository so I wouldn't be able to
update anything in [extra]. That stated, I could contact the devs to request
access specifically to maintain Haskell packages for the Arch-Haskell team
(either alongside Vegai or replacing him if he is no longer interested).

If others on this list approve then I could send a request to the dev list. It
may help if we formally designate the new Arch-Haskell team first to give some
context. I'm sure that recommendations from the other members would be taken
into consideration (including from Don).

Regards,
Xyne