[arch-haskell] [arch-general] Haskell Support Was: Xmonad version?

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:20:56 CET 2011

On 12/17/2011 11:07 PM, Ethan Schoonover wrote:
> As an end user, I effectively ignore the official Arch Haskell
> packages as they are so far out of date. I'm also now trying to
> disregard most of the AUR since I came across that thread. Haskell is
> starting to feel fragile on Arch.
>

> What about moving *all* Haskell related packages to the Haskell Arch
> repo? All the Haskell Platform stuff, alex, happy, etc.

I'm actually in favour of this or a creation of haskell
  (or ghc-dependency) pacman group for anything which
  depends on ghc. This would allow me to postpone any
  ghc related update easily. That facilitates management
  of what haskell related package versions are installed
  on my machine.

I'm often out of sync too. But I'm mostly behind :)

Peter.