[arch-haskell] [arch-general] Haskell Support Was: Xmonad version?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Dec 25 08:50:22 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 01:29:12AM +0100, Fabio Riga wrote:
[...]
> I made a testing repo and updated to ghc-7.2.2 some 100 packages,
> and everything looks okay. For me it's the same, we can use both
> 7.2.2 or 7.0.4. During Christmas holiday I have enough time to try
> and build most of packages for one of those. If Magnus agree.

I don't think that [haskell] move to a version of GHC that is newer
than what's in [extra].  This means that in order to avoid doing
unnecessary work you need to ask Vesa what his GHC plans are.  In a
thread from earlier in the autumn he did express some plans, but I
suspect you are already aware of that thread.

> Witch version should I use? For now we have 1 vote for 7.2.2
> (Magnus) and 1 for 7.0.4 (Bernardo).

I suspect the most worthwhile thing to do is an attempt to use 7.4rc1.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay