[arch-haskell] Latest yesod/mime-mail combination is broken?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Dec 28 16:20:49 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 06:00:57PM -0500, Andrew Myers wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is that latest Yesod + mime-mail broken or am I doing something stupid?  I
> can install everything just fine but when I do
>
> > yesod init
> > Project Name: test
> > Foundation: Test
> > cd test
> > cabal configure
>
> I get
> Resolving dependencies...
> Configuring test-0.0.0...
> cabal: At least the following dependencies are missing:
> mime-mail >=0.3.0.3 && <0.4

The steps above will first create a new yesod project, with a
auto-generated Cabal file.  This Cabal file states a dependency on
mime-mail [0.3.0.3,0.4), don't ask me why though.  I'd start with
changing that dependency to see if anything breaks.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay