[arch-haskell] Symlinks are screwed up in i686

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Feb 15 08:04:02 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 02:36:57PM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>> I already proposed [writing a script which keeps the last two
>> versions of everything] but there was no response and it looks like
>> it is still an issue.
>
> yes, this is still an issue. If you have the chance to write a script
> that can automatically expire old files from the binary repository, then
> I'd very much like to have it! We can use Cron to run it on the server,
> or we could integrate it into the "makeworld" script so that it's being
> run every time we update the repository. I guess the only tricky part is
> figuring out which packages are "obsolete", i.e. no longer referenced by
> the "haskell.db.tar.gz" file.

The repo db should always only refer to the latest version of a
package, all other packages are obsolete.  Calling repo-add on a
package will *replace* any previous entry, and there can be at most
one previous entry.  So finding out which package is obsolete is
actually fairly simple.

Please take a look at the script I attached to my previous email in
this thread, I think it'll only need minor modifications to do this.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
     -- Alan Kay