[arch-haskell] Detecting out-of-date packages

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Jun 14 10:24:13 CEST 2011

Hi Leif,

 > Was wondering if we should make a tool or if we already have one to see
 > which packages we maintain have updates available.

I use the following short program to do that:

  http://github.com/peti/arch-haskell/blob/master/scripts/find-updates.hs

 > One thing that could be done would be monitoring the .rss feed version of
 > this page: http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/recent.html

Yes, that would be quite straight-forward, too.

 > Those of course would want to be checked against something like
 > http://packdeps.haskellers.com/ and/or
 > http://bifunctor.homelinux.net/~roel/hackage/packages/archive/pkg-list.html
 > to make sure the updates won't break things.

We also have

  http://github.com/peti/arch-haskell/blob/master/scripts/find-conflicts.hs

..., which verifies that all dependencies in a given package set can be
fulfilled.

Take care,
Peter