[arch-haskell] ghc-7.0.3 & haskell-platform

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:29:31 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/6/23 Vesa Kaihlavirta <vpkaihla at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rémy was doing some work on automating the whole rebuild process
>> (which is currently about 20-30 separate build & install steps when
>> doing manually), but I don't know how that went.
>
> Actually I did not find the time to do that. I was planning to use a
> simplified version of the arch-haskell scripts. I can really do the
> rebuilds by hand in the meanwhile, there are not so many GHC releases
> and I have enough patience to help.

Yeah, I know. It's doable but it also is completely mechanical work
and I've found that humans do mistakes easier when the work is
mechanical.

Plus it's super boring :)

I'll investigate my own scripting solution for this. Let's see whose
is better and use that :)

--vk

--
--vk