[arch-haskell] "Setup: Can't find transitive deps for haddock" with Leksah

Mathew de Detrich deteego at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:08:44 CEST 2011

Ok, so once again I have tried to compile/install leksah (
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/leksah) with Haskell when using
cabal2arch, and just after the package is 'built' (but not yet finalized) I
get this error message

Configuring leksah-0.10.0.4...
Preprocessing library leksah-0.10.0.4...
Preprocessing executables for leksah-0.10.0.4...
Building leksah-0.10.0.4...
Registering leksah-0.10.0.4...
Linking dist/build/leksah/leksah ...
Running Haddock for leksah-0.10.0.4...
Preprocessing library leksah-0.10.0.4...
Preprocessing executables for leksah-0.10.0.4...
Setup: Can't find transitive deps for haddock

Doing a google search, I found that this error has occurred in other places,
but only in build log fails for hackagedb packages

Note that the .cabal file for Leksah (incorrectly) has enable-shared one of
the ghc build options, this needs to be removed for the package to build
correctly (up until this error anyways); as well as the issue outlined below
 (see
http://answerpot.com/showthread.php?2552829-Build+error+with+lekash+on+archlinux+when+using+cabal2arch
for
more info). I have attached a correct PKGBUILD/.install file in this email

There also seems to be another error with cabal2arch, that puts
the dependency haskell-leksah within the actual haskell-leksah package (of
the same version as well) inside the PKGBUILD. I just removed
that dependency from PKGBUILD to build leksah