[arch-haskell] Dropping (most of) AUR?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Nov 8 15:03:09 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 13:20, Nicolas Pouillard
<nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 11:11, Nicolas Pouillard
>> <nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> How do you make the distinction between using cabal-install and
>>> [haskell] in you day-to-day use.
>>
>> I don't use cabal-install, so it's simple to make the distinction :)
>
> OK, so I misunderstood «we should never look at cabal as a replacement
> for an Arch repo or [aur].»?
> From this I read that you do want make cabal-install useless in Arch?

No, I meant no such thing.  pacman (with repos) and cabal-install are
at best complementary, and often they aren't even that. This means we
can't say that dropping [aur] OK because users can always turn to
cabal-install.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org