[arch-haskell] keeping in sync

Ramana Kumar ramana at member.fsf.org
Wed Dec 26 10:13:02 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Fabio Riga <rifabio at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/12/21 Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org>:
> > Document how to create new repos like [haskell-web].
>
> A new repo should take [haskell-web] as a dep, not only
> [haskell-base], so we can be sure that there aren't conflicts nor
> duplicated work.

Does that mean we are trying to build a chain of repos that build on each
other in sequence? Or some other kind of dependency graph? I was originally
imagining everything just depending on haskell-base, but on reflection that
is probably not good enough, unless we keep moving things into -base.

> This imply some modification to `cbladmin`, but I
> still haven't found the time to do it. Anyway, `cbladmin` is on github
> with an Apache license, so contribution is wellcome!

I might look into this when I find some time; of course others on list can
do too. By the way, do you imagine cbladmin and cblrepo will eventually be
merged into one tool, or are they tools for complementary but distinct
purposes?