[arch-haskell] ghc 7.4.1 in a temporary repo

Adrien Haxaire adrien at haxaire.org
Tue Feb 14 10:50:47 CET 2012

 On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:04:58 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

> It is certainly doable, though it may take a bit of time.
>
> First you need a development version of `cblrepo`, check out commit
> 4364ed0ab546fafbff59163d59c6bf94d8298dd4 on the branch called
> `devo/ghc74` [1].  That version of `cblrepo` is compilable using the
> packages currently in [haskell], but it generates PKGBUILDs usable
> with GHC 7.4.1.
>
> Check out the sources I used for [ghc74]
>
>     $ git clone git clone
> http://www.kiwilight.com/~magnus/ah-ghc74.git
>
> Now you can use the `makeahpkg` script as usual to first build GHC
> itself, then the dev-version of cblrepo to generate the PKGBUILDs, in
> order to finally build the entire [ghc74] repo for yourself.
>
> Let me know if you run into any troubles.
>
> /M
>
> [1]: http://is.gd/NyCWxL

 Hello,

 Thanks for the explanation. I think I miss some experience building a
 repo for Arch, so here is what I did yesterday.

 I cloned the sources you used for [ghc74] with git clone
 http://www.kiwilight.com/~magnus/ah-ghc74.git. Then cd ah-ghc74, then
 makeahpkg. It created a fake root directory inside ah-ghc74, called
 something with 686 (I don't remember the exact name).

 Then I cloned cblrepo: git clone https://github.com/magthe/cblrepo.git,
 cd cblrepo, git checkout -b 4364ed0ab546fafbff59163d59c6bf94d8298dd4,
 then cabal install. Seemed to work.

 Went back to ah-ghc74, cd ghc, makepkg -s. It built ghc-7.4.1. I forgot
 to remove the profiling options in my ghc settings, meaning that it
 built it twice :) So I guess I have to do it again tonight, without the
 profiling options. It tokk 4 hours in total.

 Now I don't know what is the next step. Is it 'cblrepo add -d
 ghc,7.4.1' then 'cblrepo pkgbuild ghc', or only the latter?

 If you have some links on how to do it, I'll be glad to look at it and
 learn how to do it.

 Adrien