[arch-haskell] Current procedure to install Hakyll (with deps)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Jun 12 18:15:50 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 04:18:24PM +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>On 12 June 2012 11:53, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>>If only a few are missing you can always raise a bug to get them
>>added (I look favourable upon existence of patches + pre-built
>>packages).
>
>I'm usually happy to contribute too, though in case of Haskell I'm
>green as Irish grass.

That's where we all started.  Just direct any questions you have to
the list.

>Could you give (or point doc) overview of pros/cons of [haskell] vs
>Cabal?  I understand one of cons is the delayed updates explained
>above.

The big pro of [haskell] is that you have to do less compiling
yourself.  This should actually not be underestimated due to the need
to re-compile all dependants on updates.

Cabal on the other hand offers you more control, but then
there is nothing stopping you from using a combination of both.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay