[arch-haskell] How to currently install haskell packages?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Mar 1 16:13:28 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 16:06, Jonathan Lahav <j.lahav at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you wrote "or add it to ArchHaskell" I though "oh, really? can I do
> that?"
>
> So I tried.

Excellent!

> First step was to install cabal2arch from [Haskell], then I did "cabal
> update && cabal fetch download" and extracted the tar.gz.
> I ran cabal2arch on the .cabal file, this produced a PKGBUILD and .install
> files.
> Next, I tried makepkg -s and there I got stuck.

We don't use cabal2arch any more, instead we use cblrepo.  There is
documentation included in the Git repo for ArchHaskell[1], and there's
documentation for cblrepo in its Git repo[2].  Feedback on the
documentation is always welcome :)

/M

[1]: https://github.com/archhaskell/habs
[2]: https://github.com/magthe/cblrepo

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org