[arch-haskell] How to currently install haskell packages?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Mar 2 13:41:43 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 13:19, Alessandro Pezzoni
<alessandro_pezzoni at lavabit.com> wrote:
>> `cblrepo` gives fairly good messages on unsatisfiable dependencies.
>> Can you post the message you get from it?
>
> Actually, I'm not getting any errors from it, although I can only find
> the haskell-ghc-paths package in the AUR (I have [haskell] in my
> pacman.conf), which doesn't seem right to me. I tried looking in the
> extra/ghc pkgbuild, where I found the following comment, but nothing
> else:
> # Special note for devs looking to upgrade this package:
> #   ghc places a unique hash for each library when it is built.
> #   Libraries depend on versions specified by those hashes.
> #   This implies that all libraries need to be rebuilt when ghc is rebuilt.
> #   Also, due to dependency loop problems, haskell-ghc-paths and haddock
> #   do not carry version dependencies. You will have to remember to
> build them too.

That comment is for `ghc` only, and not relevant to your problem.
`ghc-paths` used to be in [extra]/[community] at some point, I wonder
why it was removed.

This is disturbing.  Keeping track of updates to packages in
[extra]/[community] is hard enough, keeping track of removals is,
AFAICS, even harder.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org