[arch-haskell] keeping in sync

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Nov 30 10:01:38 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> [haskell] and [haskell-web] are out of sync at the moment.
>
> Do we have a mechanism in place whereby we only push changes publicly if
> they are all compatible with each other?

Yes, that's exactly what `cblrepo` does through its package database.
Of course it only does this with the packages in a single database,
there is no support for multiple databases.  There is not even any
support for merging databases.

> I suppose the right way to do this would be to only offer one endpoint repo,
> which combines the results of all the small repos people are maintaining.

Please elaborate a little more on the details of how that would work.
I'm more than open to making changes to `cblrepo` in this direction if
necessary.

> What do you think of that idea?
>
> Can we rename [haskell] (to haskell-base or something) and use the existing
> haskell repo's location for this merged repo?

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org