[arch-haskell] ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/hslogo-16.png exists in filesystem

Ramana Kumar ramana at member.fsf.org
Sat Oct 13 14:46:34 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Fabio Riga <rifabio at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/10/13 Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org>
> >
> > I'm not sure why that error happened but it happened to me too.
>
> The problem seems to be that those files were not part of any package,
> but now are in ghc.

Thanks :) So deleting them before upgrading was the right move.

> > I removed the offending files manually and tried again, and ran into
> more problems (although everything installed, there were many warnings
> about interface files being the wrong version and being skipped).
> > So I'm not sure what the correct way out is. Perhaps it will require
> some manual removals then reinstalls.
>
> This is a problem with ghc-pkg version. For previous version of ghc I had
> to do:
>
>   $ pacman -Rcs ghc
>
> then reinstall ghc and needed haskell-* packages. I think you'll want
> to remove the offending files before installing ghc again. I hope this
> solve the problem.

Thanks for the information. I am going to try reinstalling ghc and then all
my haskell-* packages, and hopefully it will go through smoothly.

By the way, what's the progress on haskell-extra, and did you find out
where haskell-old lives (in case haskell-extra still depends on
haskell-old)?