[arch-haskell] ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/hslogo-16.png exists in filesystem

Ramana Kumar ramana at member.fsf.org
Mon Oct 15 12:42:39 CEST 2012

I think the answer is because we're still figuring out the best way to
package Haskell programs and libraries, and Haskell tools (ghc, cabal)
already have their own package-like-but-not-really systems for dealing with
packages, which are difficult to cooperate with.

I wonder if anyone has tried NixOS and whether the situation is better
there?

I know on many distros (including Arch!) a lot of people give up and use
the Haskell tools exclusively and avoid distro package management for
Haskell stuff.
But that is not a good solution in the long run, because cabal is
explicitly not a package manager: it doesn't know how to remove stuff
cleanly and never will, amongst other problems.