[arch-haskell] ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/hslogo-16.png exists in filesystem

Fabio Riga rifabio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:42:40 CEST 2012

2012/10/18 Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net>
> On 13 October 2012 11:20, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> > mloskot ~ $ sudo pacman -Syu
> > error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> > ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/hslogo-16.png exists in filesystem
> > ghc: /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/synopsis.png exists in filesystem
> > Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
>
> We've diverted the thread a little bit from my original question
> which seems still unanswered yet.
>
> Does it mean currently there is no reliable cure for the update problem?

Now I updated to ghc-7.6 and the method I already exposed just worked.

1. pacman -Rcs ghc
2. rm -r /usr/share/doc/ghc
3. pacman -S ghc cabal-install haskell-whatever

Those file wasn't in any package before, so point 2 is mandatory.

I also agree that deinstallling and reinstalling everything
Haskell-related is very bad, but this is far more comfortable than
using cabal and having 10 versions of every package installed (and
likely broken). As Haskell programs are statically compiled, I really
don't see the point in using such a tool like hsenv. I stick with the
archhaskell system.

Just my humble opinion,
Fabio