[arch-haskell] local docs bugged?

tam at hiddenrock.com tam at hiddenrock.com
Wed Jan 2 00:23:01 CET 2013

With a fresh install of ghc and only ghc, I have a handy-dandy set of
documentation rooted at /usr/share/doc/ghc/html.  The particularly useful (to
me) part is described by libraries/index.html, which points to all the
module-specific documentation.  Except it doesn't.  With just ghc installed, I
then added haskell-text, and the documentation isn't updated.  I poked around
and it appears the documentation under libraries/dist-haddock *is* updated,
but the relative paths are broken for most (all?) except the stuff from
haskell-text.  I also installed haskell-parsec and its documentation shows up
only under libraries/dist-haddock.

In /etc/pacman.conf, after [core] and before [extra] and [community]:

    [haskell-core]
    SigLevel = Optional
    Server = http://xsounds.org/~haskell/core/$arch
    Server = http://www.kiwilight.com/haskell/core/$arch

    [haskell-web]
    SigLevel = Optional
    Server = http://archhaskell.mynerdside.com/$repo/$arch

    /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/index.html points to documentation
    concerning modules shipped with ghc

    post-install for haskell-text and haskell-parsec runs gen_contents_index,
    which seems to put their documentation in the index at
    /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/dist-haddock/index.html and *NOT* in
    /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/index.html

    /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/dist-haddock/index.html seems to
    correctly point to documentation regarding modules from haskell-* packages

    /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/dist-haddock/index.html seems to NOT
    correctly point to documentation regarding modules from the 'ghc' package

Did I fat-finger something?  Am I wrong to expect all the module docs to be
available from /usr/share/doc/ghc/html/libraries/index.html ?  I could swear
it was previously; maybe it broke during the switch to 7.6?

This commit seems relevant:

    http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-ghc/2012-January/069567.html

but it's not clear (to me) what the difference is between libraries/* and
libraries/dist-haddock/*.