[arch-haskell] devtools version problem

Fabien Dubosson fabien.dubosson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 09:51:49 UTC 2013

> I had a look at the change you created and I'm not sure a flag to the
> pkgbuild command is a good way to go.  I'm much more in favour of
> simply making it the way we build, i.e. add
> '--enable-executable-dynamic' on all builds of lib packages.

Of course, my modifications are for the case where building dynamic
executables is not the default way. But obviously if that becomes the
default option, adding it on all PKGBUILDs is the simplest thing.

> Sure, but I'm not convinced using shared libs is the route to take for
> pure executable packages (like cblrepo and git-annex).  As long as
> pure executable packages are linked statically we'll need the static
> libs of course.  It's also the case that linking statically is the Ghc
> default, which speaks in favour of keeping the static libs.

Well, your second argument is pretty unbreakable :) As long as this is the
ghc default, static libraries are needed.