[arch-haskell] lhs2tex

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Oct 12 07:34:31 UTC 2013

giorgidze:
> Hi Don,
>
> 2009/2/23 Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>:
> > giorgidze:
> >> Hi Arch-Haskellers,
> >> CC Mateusz Herych,
> >>
> >> Does anyone know why is lhs2tex outdated in AUR?
> >>
> >> I suggest to (automatically) package it using cabal2arch like most of
> >> the Hackage packages are packaged. If it requites some manual
> >> intervention I suggest to ask Matesz (the current maintainer) to
> >> update it. In case if he is busy and does not have enough time I (or
> >> some one else who volunteers) would do it.
> >>
> >> I think lhs2tex is a nice, useful and mature piece of software and
> >> does not deserve to be outdated in AUR ;). IMHO, it is well placed to
> >> be included in the community repo as well.
> >>

> > It's not on hackage, so arch-haskell tends not to watch it, I think is
> > the main problem.
>
> It is. See, http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/lhs2tex
> and "cabal install lhs2tex" works without any problems.
>
> Thanks for your timely response.

Ah ha, then perhaps it needs updating :)

Ah, but now I see why it isn't updated:

     lhs2tex 1.14-1
     http://people.cs.uu.nl/andres/lhs2tex/
     Preprocessor to generate LaTeX code from literate Haskell sources.

     unsupported :: devel
     Maintainer: partition

arch-haskell isn't the owner, so we can't fix it :(

Attached is a PKGBULD nonetheless.

Perhaps it is time to take this one over too.

-- Don