[arch-haskell] haskell documentation

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Sat Oct 12 07:34:32 UTC 2013

* Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> [2009-03-01 17:31:16-0800]
> roma:
> > * Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> [2009-03-01 17:06:21-0800]
> > > Forwarded from haskell@
> > >
> > > I'd prefer a single documentation bundle for everything ever built on
> > > hackage, rather than trying to get haddock to run on each build.
> > >
> > > ----- Forwarded message from Piyush P Kurur <ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in> -----
> > >
> > > Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:55:06 +0530
> > > From: Piyush P Kurur <ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in>
> > > To: haskell at haskell.org
> > > Subject: [Haskell] haskell documentation
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > 	I am a Arch linux + GHC user. I found it difficult to download
> > > documentations for GHC and all the modules. The GHC site does not seem
> > > to have a single tar.gz file by which one could down load the entire
> > > documentation tree.
> > >
> > > Same problem for modules build via yaourt. Of course one could build
> > > it directly from the  appropriate cabal package but is there an
> > > automatic way via pacman/yaourt for example ?
> >
> > Since I don't know any better working solution, I use simply patched
> > cabal2arch which adds haddock generation (attached).
>
> All packages will need to depend on haddock now.

Only build-depend. Anyway, it's okay for personal use (and for binary
packages) and there's currently no other working way to get packaged
docs I'm aware of (and there's probably no way to get docs without
installed haddock at all -- e.g. hackage doesn't build docs for gtk2hs
dependent stuff).

"Don't let school get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain