[arch-haskell] Package changelog

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:36:37 UTC 2013

On 23/08/10 22:50, Don Stewart wrote:
> magnus:
>> I just found out about the changelog= directive for PKGBUILDs.  However I
>> can't really find more detailed information about it, e.g. is there a
>> specific format that I have to follow?
>>
>> Where can I find more info?
>
> Oh. I didn't know about this either. More info please!

Oups, that got sent to the wrong mailing list :-)

Anyway, this is from PKGBUILD(5):

  changelog
           Specifies a changelog file that is to be included in the package.
           This file should reside in the same directory as the
PKGBUILD, and
           will be copied into the package by makepkg.  It does not need
to be
           included in the source array (e.g.
changelog=$pkgname.changelog).

It works with the 'pacman -Qc' mode.

The concept of a changelog for the packaging itself (i.e. not for the
software
in the package) is very central to Debian.  Not so in Arch it seems, but it
can still be useful to let users know what changes the packaging has gone
through.

/M

magnus@therning.org           Jabber: magnus@therning.org