[arch-haskell] Re: arch-haskell @ aur.archlinux.org

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:36:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:27, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
>  > Yes, I have received the passwords, and yes I intend to share them
>  > with others.
>
> very good. I, for one, would be interested in having access to AUR.
> There are a few PKGBUILDs I'd like to update -- most importantly
> haskell-convertible-text.

Please give me a little more time (2 days, max) to get the new
infrastructure up.  Having AUR change now would force me to re-do some
of the preparation steps.

>  > • archhaskell as organisation on github
>
> I tried to join that organization on Github, but I couldn't figure out
> how to do it in the web front-end. Am I missing something? Or do you
> have to add users to the organization? If that's the case, my user name
> on Github is 'peti'.

Yes, you need to be added by an administrator, currently that's only me.

>  > Currently my thinking is that I'll share passwords with people who
>  > get added to the github organisation... but that just shifts the
>  > problem one step, as I still haven't decided what criteria to use for
>  > adding people there. :-) All suggestions are welcome!
>
> In the current stage of the project, I believe that everyone who is
> interested in maintaining Haskell packages on AUR should have the
> ability to do that. We can be more selective once we're overrun with
> volunteers.

Yes, I tend to agree... on the other hand I would like to see us get
off AUR as soon as possible, but in my mind that can only happen once
we have at least one tool that can grab packages out of our ABS tree
(yes, 'bauerbill' I'm looking in your direction ;-).

>  > Please go ahead and add a comment to some AUR package, then we ought
>  > to see if emails arrive as they should. Otherwise I guess we'll have
>  > to work out how to relax the rules on the list server.
>
> I left a comment on haskell-convertible-text moments ago. It appears
> that it didn't get through. Who has access to the mailing list server
> configuration? Did Don share those passwords as well? I would assume
> that the message is being held up in some kind of moderation queue.

I don't have access to it.  I know Don has access to that server,
since he has sorted out an issues I've reported in the past.  It also
houses the other haskell mailing lists (cafe, beginners, libs, etc).

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org