[arch-haskell] AUR Comment for haskell-digest

AUR Feedback simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:37:49 UTC 2013

from http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23078
peti wrote:

Hi Frabjous, apparently, you are using the "haskell-bytestring"
package from AUR. That package is kind of obsolete, because it became
a part of GHC in version 6.12.3 or so. You probably installed it a
while ago, before 6.12.3 was available? Anyway, this is no big deal,
and the problem with the missing shared libraries that caused your
build failure has been fixed. Still, I would recommend that you clean
up your Haskell installation to make sure that everything conforms to
the current state of the art. The best way to accomlish that is to run
the commands "pacman -R --cascade ghc", then "rm -rf /usr/lib/ghc-*",
and then to re-install everything that you actually need from scratch.
It's optional to do that, of course. In any case, thanks for the bug
report. I'm glad the problem is now fixed.

---
If you no longer wish to receive notifications about this package,
please go the the above package page and click the UnNotify button.