[arch-haskell] State of Affairs: Summarizing 83 days worth of experience

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:37:56 UTC 2013

On 09/01/11 17:34, Magnus Therning wrote:
[...]
>>     For instance, we develop patches for the ArchLinux library, and when
>>     they're ready, we throw them away, because we realize way too late
>>     that we don't like what they do.
>
> I don't think this is that common in FOSS when people work on their own
> without telling people what they are doing.

What I meant to write was that I don't think this is UNcommon in FOSS when
people work on their own without telling others what they are doing.

I'd also like to add that I personally try to avoid this issue by raising
bugs/issues for just about anything I'm doing.  This is just the way *I*
like to work; I find it natural.  I'm not religious about it though.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org