[arch-haskell] ERROR: Permission to archhaskell/cabal2arch.git denied to peti.

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:38:56 UTC 2013

Well, now I know what happened:

 >   $ git push --dry-run -v
 >   Pushing to git at github.com:archhaskell/cabal2arch
 >   ERROR: Permission to archhaskell/cabal2arch.git denied to peti.
 >   fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Magnus Therning has by mistake broken the x86_64 repository ... again.
Instead of correcting the error, though, he tried to pretend that
nothing happened and that nothing needs to be done about it. (See
<https://github.com/archhaskell/habs/issues/43/> for further details.) I
didn't like that, so I committed a fix to HABS that bumped all $pkgrels
in order to trigger a re-build. Now, unfortunately, that commit brought
attention to the fact that Magnus has made a mistake -- a situation he
very much wanted to avoid, so he removed my commit from the history of
the HABS repository. He didn't revert it -- he actually overwrote the
repository's current HEAD to make the commit invisible. Furthermore,
Magnus has revoked my access to all ArchHaskell repositories on Github.

Peter