[arch-haskell] Build error with lekash on archlinux when using cabal2arch

Mathew de Detrich deteego at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:39:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 07:49 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 04:16:39PM +1000, Mathew de Detrich wrote:
> > Oh no, I understood that perfectly. Technically speaking its an
> > issue with the cabal package file, although I have no idea if this
> > is something cabal package maintainers should be responsible for or
> > if this is a side effect of PKGBUILD supporting profiling
>
> Ah, good, English isn't my native tongue so I'm aware I sometimes
> express myself clumsily.
>
> <rant>
> IMNSHO the Leksah Cabal file clearly is the culprit here.  I
> personally think that Cabal files uploaded to Hackage shouldn't turn
> on anything like profiling, shared libs etc.  They should configure
> the bare minimum.  It should be left to packagers (e.g. ArchHaskell)
> to turn on stuff like profiling and shared libs if that's suitable.
> </rant>
>
> /M

On this note, when removing the profiling options, the leksah package
still fails to build due to this error
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/656. It probably has
something to do with the fact that I had to install haddock through
cabal2arch to build leksah (and its components) in the first place due
to GHC only providing a haskell binary (and there being no haddock
package on AUR)

Im not going to add a comment to the ticket above (yet) because I am not
sure if its an issue due to me installing haddock as I have done