[arch-haskell] New maintainer needed

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:05, Nicolas Pouillard
<nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:18:58 +0200, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 05:00:52PM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > I have come to realize that I can no longer commit significant time
>> > and effort to this project. I may be able to perform another few
>> > occasional updates, but I cannot do so on a regular basis. Does
>> > anyone feel able to take over maintenance of HABS and, by extension,
>> > AUR?
>>
>> I'm willing to take this on again, if there are no objections from the
>> wider arch-haskell community that is.
>>
>> Please raise any objections here in the mailing list.
>
> I'm a bit late but this is fine by me as well.
>
> I used  to build the  x86_64 version and  contribute a few  packages and
> updates.

Does that mean you have access to the [archhaskell] repo on kiwilight?
You see, I still don't  :(

I'm all for sharing the responsibility of building the packages.
Since Peter stepped down I've been building both platforms, which is
*very* time consuming indeed.

> I hope to contribute  in a similar way. I would prefer  to keep in close
> synch  the builds  of i686  and x86_64.  I propose  to make  updates and
> additions  and  publish these  updates  and  additions to  the  upstream
> repository.

I assume that by "upstream repository" you mean the [archhaskell]
repository, right?  In that case I agree with you 100%.

As I've mentioned both earlier here and in an earlier email to the
list I don't have enough access to the server hosting [archhaskell],
so for the time being I'm publishing the updated builds in a private
repository on the same server.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org