[arch-haskell] haskell/haskell-glade 0.12.1-1 related problems

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 01:21:34AM +0200, Peter Hercek wrote:
> arch: x86_64
>
> haskell/haskell-glade 0.12.1-1 does not seem to be rebuilt against
> the latest community/haskell-gtk 0.12.1-1
>
> There was some renamin probably so conflicts appear now. My guess
> would be that community packages got haskell prefix instead of
> gtk2hs? Not really sure. Anyway the renames lead to conflicts and
> mixing packages from [community] and [haskell].
>
> You probably will not have any problems if you do not use
> haskell-glade.
>
> I solved it by just by putting [haskell] before [community] in
> pacman.conf. Which probably is a good thing in general.

I noticed this situation a few days ago when I updated a few
gtk-related packages in [haskell] (that's when I created all the
renaming-bugs).  Before that I wasn't even aware that
gtk/glade/pango/etc was in [community]. My goal is to at some point
remove these packages from [haskell] but for now they remain.

For now it's best to place [haskell] before [community] in
pacman.conf.  In fact I agree that it's probably safest to always do
that.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay